When I think of summer, I immediately think of ice cream. And there is nothing better than a choice of fruity, chocolaty, and sweet flavors on a hot day. Finding your unique voice online can seem a lot like choosing between flavors and toppings. Everyone is going to prefer a different taste and combination. Here are my top tips for showing off your unique flavor online:
1. Know your flavor. Who are you? What do you want people to know about you? Who are you trying to reach? What’s your message? – Once you know the answers to these questions, you’ll have a starting point.
2. Don’t be vanilla (unless you are.) Don’t tone down your personality. BE who you are, and let that define you online. Don’t feel like you have to appeal to the masses. Attract the kind of people who will appreciate you for who you are.
3. Add sprinkles. Add your own touches. Go the extra mile and don’t be afraid to add personality and a human touch. Everything is better with sprinkles!
4. Don’t overdo it. Be careful that you don’t over do the personal touches – be sure to keep your professional side there too!
5. Share. The whole point of being on social media is to be SOCIAL. Share your thoughts, ideas, joys and laughs. But be sure to share others’ too! It’s not all about you.
6. Take risks. Don’t be afraid to put your own stamp on your posts, photos, and content. The great thing about social and online marketing, you don’t always have to play it safe.
7. Make your own. Sharing is important, but it’s also so important to be original, and create original content. This is what sets you apart!
8. Have fun. Lastly, and most importantly – have fun! Showcase your flavor – your personality engage with others, and create relationships. That is the entire point!
Wishing you a sweet and social summer!
Valerie Garcia | Director of Training