Before reading this blog post, take a second to think about all the ways technology has changed your life throughout your career. Whether you started within the last 30 days, or have been working for the past 30 years, the advancements in technology happening daily have meant that we all need to embrace one thing… change. It was seven years ago that Apple released the very first iPhone with the tagline “Your Life in Your Pocket” and today, that tagline is truer than ever.
Thinking Outside of the Box:
One of the best things about Apple products is their ease of use and consistency among devices. If you were sitting in Richard Fearnside’s session at Kick Start 2014, you may remember one of the most important things he said. Towards the beginning of the session, he said that if you take your iOS device out of the box and cannot start using it, then they (Apple Inc.) haven’t done their jobs correctly. While complex in what these devices can do, they are designed to be easy to use. This notion is proven time and time again when even young children are using iPhones and iPads to not only play, but to learn.
iOS for Business:
We have all seen the iOS systems being used widely across various different businesses. From the hospitality industry using iPhones or iPads to place orders, to Hospitals, to pilots who have eliminated their large flight manuals with an iPad, these devices are everywhere. So, how can an iOS device help you in your real estate business?
The better question to ask is “how can it not help you”. On top of keeping track of and organizing notes from your clients, you can easily gather customer information, share property images, find directions, research neighbourhood facts and look up competitive information. There are also a countless number of apps that help you save time and make your day to day tasks much easier. With the looming introduction to digital signatures, the iPad will become a game changer in terms of your real estate business.
Ready Made Apps on Your iOS Device:
- Camera: Take high quality photos quickly and easily. With the two tone flash that gives a more realistic skin tone and image stabilizer that gives you a still image with no blur.
- Email: As Richard mentioned at Kick Start, the email app is the “King App” that allows you to stay connected with both your personal and business email at all times.
- Calendar: Stay organized and on top of everything with the built in calendar app that will tell you exactly where you have to be and when you have to be there.
- Siri: If you are unsure of what Siri can do for you, ask “Siri, what can you do?”. This is a great tool that will help you not only
- Safari: The answer to every question is at your fingertips and the ability to have unlimited pages open at the same time will make running your business quickly and efficiently much easier.
- Maps: Save time with this app that will get you wherever you need to go!
Top Recommended Apps:
- PDF Expert – PDF Expert allows you to read and annotate PDF documents, highlight text, make notes and save these changes being compatible with Preview and Adobe Acrobat.
- TinyScan – TinyScan turns your iPhone into a mini scanner for documents, photos, receipts and other texts. With TinyScan, you can scan your documents at anywhere and store or email them as PDF files.
- Cychloramic – A revolutionary new way to take panoramic photos and videos, handsfree.
- Flipagram – Create beautiful short video stories using your Facebook, Instagram and Camera Roll photos, set to music you love!
- Evernote – Evernote is an easy-to-use, free app that helps you remember everything across all of the devices you use. Stay organized, save your ideas and improve productivity. Evernote lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders–and makes these notes completely searchable, whether you are at home, at work, or on the go.
- Dropbox – Dropbox lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Access any file you save to your Dropbox from all your computers, iPhone, iPad and even the Dropbox website!
- Mailshot – MailShot is the first app on the Store to let you easily email groups of contacts right from Mail, just as if it was built into your device. You no longer need to write group email in a separate app.
- Ibooks – iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages.
- MagicPlan – MagicPlan measures your rooms and draws your floor plan just by taking pictures. You can then get your floor plan in PDF, JPG and DXF format or publish an INTERACTIVE FLOOR PLAN on the web.
This list of apps is based on personal preferences of the speaker from this session, Richard Fearnside. For a full list of RE/MAX recommended apps, make sure you text iPhone or iPad to 28888.