At a recent seminar I conducted, one of the attendees questioned the value of using affirmations, in other words ‘Self-Talk’, to help bolster our mindset. What the person said was, “I don’t use affirmations because I don’t believe in them.” I smiled and replied with a cheeky comment — “That’s interesting, because you just used one!”
Whether positive or negative, each and every one of us use some form of an affirmation in our day-to-day lives. For example when in conversation with others you may find yourself saying things like “My client was really please with the final price I was able to negotiate” or “My sales results have been really crappy lately”. Great Salespeople understand the power of affirmations and use them to their advantage.
So I challenge you with this: Recognize the affirmations you make each day. Ask yourself, “Is what I’m saying adding or taking away from who I am?” To get started, below are a few examples of affirmations that I encourage you to use on a daily basis:
- I love my job! Every day is a new adventure!
- With every day, I get better and better at what I do!
- I work hard to negotiate the best prices for my clients!
- With every experience I become better at objection handling!
- Success is mine for the asking…I am fully able!
Real Estate Coach and Trainer